Below is a simple process flow on how Customers are created:
In order to create a customer successfully, it requires 3 steps:
1. Create Customer
This is capturing the customer's contact details.
2. Create Payment Methods
This is capturing the customer account details.
3. Link Customer to Payment Method
This is linking the customer details and account details together.
Before a customer can be successfully created, creating a payment method and then linking the payment method to the customer is a mandatory step.
MANDATORY ITEMS REQUIRED
When customers are being created, Ezypay requires an integrator to have the following items included in this process:
- Customers must accept Ezypay's Terms and Conditions upon signing up with the Merchants.
Ezypay's Terms and Conditions are region based.
- All Ezypay fees charged to the customer must be displayed clearly and must be accepted by the customer.
- A Direct Debit Request (DDR) template should be used for customers who have nominated to have their payments deducted from their bank account. This is only applicable to customers in Australia and New Zealand.
A customer belongs to a merchant. It is the person who is having payments debited from their account to pay for the goods or services offered by the merchant.
When creating a customer these mandatory fields are required:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
Every customer created must have an unique email address. The system will not allow for duplicate email addresses.
- Asynchronous calls have timed interval settings. A 1-2 second wait time is required before firing the post API in order to add a payment method to a customer.
Creating Payment Methods
A payment method is the bank account or credit information of the customer. This is the nominated account the customer has provided, so that payments can be billed. Customers can have multiple payment methods but they must have at least 1 payment method linked. By default, the first payment linked to a customer will become the primary payment method.
One payment method can be linked to multiple customers. An example could be, an adult needs to pay for 2 child's swimming lessons. Each child will have their own customer details, but the payment method linked to the 2 children will be the same, as it belongs to the adult.
- All payment methods details are securely tokenised, encrypted and stored in the PCI Compliant Ezypay Vault. Payment methods are not directly accessible across Ezypay as payment methods stored in Ezypay are purely metadata.
There are 2 ways to create a payment method for a customer. It can be created through:
The recommended method in creating a payment method for a customer would be through Ezypay's Hosted Payment page. It is simply integrating the page directly the software, so that customers can enter in their payment details directly into the Hosted Payment Page. The benefit of using Ezypay's Hosted Payment Page is that it will send the customer's details directly to Ezypay's servers where it will be validated and and stored directly. By using this option, all mandatory requirements (listed above) will be covered.
If payment methods are captured via direct API, the software provider will need to ensure that all data captured is PCI compliant.
Below is the process flow on creating payment method:
Updated 6 months ago