Refunds can be made to customers based on the request of a merchant or integrator. Below is a list on the types refunds that can requested:
- Refund the full invoice amount
- Refund the full amount in individual invoice items
- Refund a partial amount in an invoice
- Refund partial amount in individual invoice items
NOTE: Ezypay fees can only be refunded against *FULL invoice amounts. It can not be refunded against any individual invoice items or any form of partial refunds.
Pre-requisites for a refund
- Refunds can only be processed on invoices marked as "PAID" or "PARTIALLY REFUNDED"
- There must be sufficient funds in the merchants wallet before a refund can be approved.
- Refunds can only be done on the same payment method token that was used to collect the initial debit.
Depending on what payment method was used (BANK or CARD), the return of funds to the customer account will differ.
For BANK transactions, it will take up to 3 business days for the funds to return to the BANK account.
For CARD transactions, it will normally take no longer than a day for the funds to return to the customer account.
Type of Refund
Refunding the full invoice amount
No body parameters required
Refunding the full amount in individual invoice items
User must indicate the invoice item ID.
User does not need to indicate the amount.
User can refund multiple invoice items in a single refund request.
Refunding a partial amount in an invoice
User must indicate the amount; else the full invoice amount is refunded.
User can refund any amount at any time if the total invoice amount has not been fully refunded.
If an amount is specified but not the invoice item, the amount is deducted following the order of invoice item created in the request body during invoice creation.
NOTE: if there are multiple invoice items in the invoice, it is advisable to specify the amount and invoice item to be deducted although unnecessary.
Refunding a partial amount in individual invoice items
User must indicate the amount and invoice item ID.
User can refund any amount in the invoice item at any time if the total invoice item amount has not been fully refunded.
User can specify multiple arbitrary amounts on multiple invoice items in the same refund request.
Refunds will not be processed and an error will be given:
- If amount requested is more than the balance available for refund.
- If amount requested is less than the balance available for refund but it would have included partial amount from an Ezypay fee, which is not allowed.
- If partial refund of an Ezypay fee is requested.
Updated about 1 month ago